Staying safe in school - all pupils
Our strategy to keep the pupils, staff and wider community safe is based upon two principles:
- Using ‘bubbles’ to keep children and staff in the same groups throughout the day,
- Strict Hygiene Measures
At Springhead Park Primary we will operate within four bubbles
- A Nursery Bubble - Hedgehog class
- A Reception Bubble - Koala Class and Panda Class
- A Year 1-2 Bubble - Fox Class
- A Year 3-4 Bubble - Gecko Class and Wolf Class
Within each bubble children will be able to interact with one another and the adults within the bubble. They will be able to use and share resources allocated within their bubble. In the Fox and Gecko Classes, the children will be asked to face the front of the classroom when the teacher is teaching, however they will also be encouraged to interact with one another.
Entrances and Exits
We have arranged entrance and exits to keep children within these bubbles. Please see below for your child’s entry and exit point.
For Nursery Parents, the entry times are exactly as already shared:
9:00am-12:00pm and 12:30pm- 3:30pm.
On all other entrances, the doors/gates will open in the morning at 8:35am and remain open until 8:50am. This should allow parents to drop off siblings in different places and also avoid congregations of families around the school. Teachers will be on the doors ready to meet and greet you, whilst the class’s Learning Support Assistants will be supervising the children in the classrooms for that period.
The ending to the school day is slightly staggered to avoid a congregation of parents. Please see below:
- Hedgehog Class - collection at 3:30pm
- Panda Class and Koala Class- collection at 3:05pm
- Fox Class, Gecko Class and Wolf Class - collection at 3:15pm
Please collect your child(ren) from the same places as drop off.
At lunchtimes staff and children will remain in their bubbles. Eating and playing together, however without interacting with children from the other bubbles. Staff will also remain within their adult bubbles to reduce the risk and avoid the need to wear masks.
Strict Hygiene Measures
Whilst in school we will insist upon strict hygiene measures from all staff, visitors and pupils. These will include:
- Regular handwashing
- Sanitising Stations around the school
- Doors / windows to remain open
- Teachers will teach ‘handwashing techniques’
- Catch it, kill it, bin it posters and teaching
- Regular cleaning of surfaces and resources
- Avoidance of soft furnishings and resources (e.g. teddy bears)
- Designated toilets