Welcome to Gecko Class!
In Gecko Class this year we will be investigating, creating and learning in practical and abstract ways. Moving to KS2 might seem a little bit scary but your class teaching team are here to support you in this next stage of your school journey. We will be working on our academic, social, and independence skills through all of our learning and experiences together.
About your teacher!
My name is Miss Johnson and I am very excited to spend this year with you and helping you to learn and grow! I love being out of the house for walks, trips to the seaside and to visit interesting places. My favourite subject is history but I love to learn about all kinds of things, so I spend a lot of time watching documentaries and reading. I want to make sure you get the most out of everyday in school and that we can work as a team to build a supportive and fun classroom environment.
Key Information for Grown Ups
- Home time is at 3:30pm and we will exit through Badger Class' door.
- PE is on a Friday. Please make sure your child arrives at school in the correct PE kit.
- Spelling tests are on a Friday.
- If you would like to chat about anything please email the office or talk to me at home time after the children have gone.
- Reading records and journals will be checked once a week. Children will independently change their books in the mornings.
- TT Rockstars should be used to practice times tables 5x a week.
- Spelling Shed will have all the children's spellings. Please practice these around 3x a week.
- Homework packs will be sent out at the start of each term containing; spelling lists, termly projects, 3 maths sheets, 2 English sheets, and 1 reading comprehension. Please complete these and return them by the end of term. They will be uploaded to teams also.
- Royal Blue or navy T-Shirt (plain or with school logo)
- Navy Blue or black shorts (plain)
- Black Plimsolls for Indoor PE. Plain Black Trainers for Outdoor PE.
- Navy Blue / Black Tracksuit (unbranded)