Term 1 - Exploring Autumn
Our topic in term one is 'All About Me'. In the this project, your child will learn about what makes them special, how they are different and unique from their friends, and create a range of art projects showcasing this.
We will then move on to the Exploring Autumn project, where your child will go on a playground walk to learn about the seasonal changes that happen in autumn. They will learn about how nature and wildlife is affecting by seasonal changes, and what they will do to survive and grow throughout Autumn. They will take part in practical and creative activities that will support them to learn about autumn.
Supporting your child at home
- Go on a walk around your local area and talk about what happens to trees and plants during autumn. Take some pictures to share at school.
- Collect leaves, seeds, nuts and berries to add to an autumn collection.
- Make some bird food to feed the birds as the weather gets colder.
Words to use and explore:
We will be reading the books-
- Will You Be My Friend? by Sainsbury's Books
- I’m Starting Nursery from Cambell Books
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
- We're Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger
- We're Going on a Pumpkin Hunt by Goldie Hawk