Term 1 - Exploring Autumn
Our topic in term one is 'Exploring Autumn'. In the Exploring Autumn project, your child will go on a woodland walk to learn about the seasonal changes that happen in autumn. They will learn about birds and animals that live in the woods and how they survive as the weather gets colder. They will take part in practical and creative activities that will support them to learn about autumn.
Supporting your child at home
- Go on a walk around your local area and talk about what happens to trees and plants during autumn. Take some pictures to share at school.
- Collect leaves, seeds, nuts and berries to add to an autumn collection.
- Make some bird food to feed the birds as the weather gets colder.
Words to use and explore:
To begin our topic we will also explore 'All about me' in order to get to know all of the children and to help settle them into Nursery.
We will be reading the books-
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- I’m Starting Nursery from Cambell books
- My friends & me – by Stephanie Stansbie & Katy Halford