Our topic this term is Scrumdidilyumptious. We will be exploring all about the yummy foods that we eat; where they come from, how they are made, and importantly how they taste!
In DT, we will be looking at chocolate and what flavours help to make our chocolate taste so good.
In science, we will look at our nutrition and what makes a healthy diet.
In geography, we are looking at where food comes from before it gets to our supermarkets. How much of our fruit and veg comes from the UK? Does the pasta in the shop really come from Italy? We will be going to investigate our local supermarket to find out.
We are also getting a head start on our topic for next term. We are exploring the Stone Age and all the interesting ways that people were able to survive in this early period of pre-history. What did they eat? What tools did they use to help them? What were the animals like?
The Stone Age was an eventful, exciting and creative time in our history and in Wolf Class, we want to enrich our children in the knowledge and understanding they can receive from this era. So, our termly homework project will be centred around life in the Stone Age, how creative can you be with your project?
The Rest of Our Learning
In English we are looking at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We are so excited to meet all of the wonderful and bizarre characters in Roald Dahl's story and to see what this story can inspire us to create in our own writing.
In maths we will be exploring place value with numbers in the 1000s. We will also be looking at rounding numbers to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000, and later in the term we will be practicing our addition and subtraction with bigger numbers.
- In PSHE we are starting by looking at conflict resolution and differences in opinions and how we can work to solve our conflicts peacefully. Then we will be focusing on anti-bullying and how we can make sure we create a safe space in our school.
- Our guided reading will help us further practice our comprehension of books and we will be developing our inference and retrieval skills using various texts.
- In PE this term we will be learning how to play badminton and developing all the skills that come with it.
- In science we are going to be looking at electricity alongside food nutrition in our topic.
- Our lessons in computing will be focused on staying safe online and what we can do to make sure we are safe.
- Our RE focus for the term is Hinduism and in our MFL lessons we are building up our Spanish vocabulary.